Isolation centre doctors, others lament N30m unpaid allowances

Forums Corona Virus News and Update Isolation centre doctors, others lament N30m unpaid allowances

Doctors treating the over 40 COVID-19 patients at the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Gwagwalada, have complained about the failure of the Federal Government to pay them their allowances.

The government picked and trained the five doctors with a promise to pay them the sum of N50, 000 daily while nurses were to be paid N40,000.

The allowances are also supposed to cover feeding as well as accommodation

They were also promised hotel accommodation near the hospital.

However,  only N40,000 had been given to each doctor since they started working there on February 15, 2020.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replies
    thesegunaluko
    Participant

You see.. I was still discussing this with a friend yesterday. Our government is the most unreliable ever! Folks are risking their lives to help people and to pay them na problem? Nigeria, my Nigeria! No surprises sha…

Mr Ajayi
    Participant

Honestly am not surprise , i know this is gonna happen . I am sure some people( especially those in-charge of the money) see this corona virus as an opportunity to thief money .

And that is why our doctors and nurses are traveling to abroad because they valued them over there . we don’t always value what will have in this country .

Jummy01
    Participant

Makes us wonder where all the billions donated are being diverted to.

Nigeria my country!

Mr Segun
    Participant

[bquote] Jummy01: Makes us wonder where all the billions donated are being diverted to.

Nigeria my country!

[/bquote]

I actually heard that those people donated billions, most of them are yet to fulfill it . But not withstanding there is money in this country

thesegunaluko
    Participant

Read that a lot of the donors have redeemed their pledges.. Where is the list? Where is it so difficult to always the right thing. Medical people who are in the front lines o, to now pay them na wahala. One yeye Admin person for the ministry will come on air now and say its a procedural error… Nigeria, my Nigeria

Lanreojo
    Participant

But Wait what about all the donated funds by private organisations? Na waoo.

Aside recent donations, all the money EFCC have collected, we dont even know where they used the money.  Those money would have gone a longer way to help in this pandemic.

thesegunaluko
    Participant

From what I have been hearing o, donations were indeed made but our major challenge for Naija na transperancy.. Why is it damn hard to let everyone know what is going on. Funds o, plans o.. Why?

Lanreojo
    Participant

I get your point…

Shebi treasure house don burn now. Let’s see what they will say about lost data. Although, Accountant General claimed they have external backup for all their data. But I know he said that just to clear away tensions. And I know in 2weeks time Nigerian won’t border to follow up on burnt items again. The snake that swallowed money that was how we forgot about it.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.